Delhi has been facing a huge shortage of housing units since long. This has forced the people to venture into the authorized colonies to fulfill their housing needs even if such colonies lack basic civic amenities and facilities. The Government has realized this slackness and notified Zonal Development Plan through its Master Plan Delhi (MPD) ‐2021 on 05.09.2013 wherein the Land Pooling Policy is applicable. The MPD‐2021 envisages involvement of private sector in the planned urbanization and development of land with world class infrastructure and services as an improvement over the previous policy of large‐scale development through land acquisition entrusted to the Delhi Development Authority (DDA). Under the MPD‐2021, the DDA with the participation of the private sector has proposed to develop a Smart City in the L‐Zone adjacent to the existing Dwarka Sub City which will provide for smart life style, responsive healthcare, educational, recreational, efficient transport and communication facilities etc.
The Rakshak Smart Sub City is being planned and developed by DDA with the inclusion of International Technocrats and
• Organizations which have been pioneering in the Planning and Development of World Class Cities.
• New policy initiatives to develop and accelerate Delhi into a WORLD CLASS METROPOLIS.
• Aims to address issues like accommodating larger population , strengthening of Infrastructure,
creation of more open spaces and redevelopment of congested areas.
• Development of full Zone as integrated townships with abundance of green area.
• Commercial redevelopment of the present industrial area by providing increased infrastructure.
• Development of responsive healthcare, educational institutes and efficient transport and communication facilities.